Marchese Medical Supplies
340 James Street North, Hamilton ON L8L 1H2
Phone : 1-800-356-3365 Ext.640 or 655
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Marchese Health Care, operated by Mezentco Inc., was founded in the 1960s as Marchese Pharmacy and was re-engineered by its current owner, Ms. Marita Zaffiro in 1988 to be a responsive, innovative, professional service alternative to chain drug stores.
Marchese Health Care has been providing and delivering innovative, high quality general medical supplies services to people in their homes for nearly two decades. Marchese clients include Community Care Access Centres, long term care homes, and hospices. Additionally, we have been a provider of medical supplies services to Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Assistive Devices Program (ADP) and Municipalities, EMS, Social and Public Health Services (SPHS). At the heart of it, one of Marchese’s core purposes is supporting clients to regain or maintain their health and independence in the community. Many of the clients it serves are frail, vulnerable and at risk.
Customer service and customer focus is Marchese’s first priority. Marchese’s clients (both the contracting clients and beneficiaries of service) consistently rate it highly for its caring and knowledgeable staff, patient focus, and accuracy of service delivery, high quality, cost-effective products and excellent customer service. While Marchese stocks a wide range of products, its staff go the extra mile to source specialty products that meet clients’ individualized needs. Marchese works collaboratively with its clients and key partners in order to provide excellent services to the people it serves. The quality of Marchese’s services and business systems has been confirmed by several successive ISO and Accreditation Canada awards and CCAC audits.
Throughout the company's history, a highly focused attention to the needs of our customers and the regional health-care sector have resulted in numerous business successes. Highlights include:
- 2014 – Marchese Health Care begins providing medical supplies to the City of Hamilton’s Sexual Health, Infectious Disease and Health Protection divisions.
- 2013 – Marchese Health Care enters into an agreement with St. Joseph’s Home Care to provide discharge kits, medication and equipment for chronic patient care through the Integrated Client Care Project in HNHB and WWCCAC LHINs
- 2013 – Marchese Health Care’s Pharmacy gets a face lift.
- 2013 – Marchese Health Care begins supplying National Steel Car Company with a customized supply solution for its First Aid Clinic.
- 2012 – Marchese Health Care is awarded the contract for Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Community Care Access Centre’s contract for In-Home Pharmacist Services
- 2010 - Marchese opens its first location outside of Hamilton -- at 1601 River Road East in Kitchener, servicing clients of the Waterloo Wellington CCAC.
- 2010 - Marchese Health Care is awarded the Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre medical supplies and infusion equipment contract.
- 2008 – Marchese is awarded the Toronto Central Community Care Access Center contract for Emergency Preparedness Medical Supplies and Services
- 2007 – Marchese Health Care is awarded the City of Hamilton Emergency Medical Services (EMS) contract for Pharmaceutical Services
- 2005 – Marchese Health Care is awarded the City of Hamilton contract for First Aid and Medical Supplies
- 2005 - Marchese Health Care receives accreditation by the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation (now Accreditation Canada).
- 2005 – Marchese Health Care is contracted to provide Dispensing and Delivery of Chemotherapy Drugs to Provis Infusion Clinic in Toronto
- 2004 – Marchese has piloted and been contracted to provide Pharmacist Integration in Primary Care service to the North Hamilton Community Health Centre.
- 2004 - Marchese Health Care receives ISO 9001:2000 registration, becoming the first community-based pharmacy in Ontario to achieve this milestone.
- 2001 - Marchese is awarded Hamilton Community Care Access Centre contracts for home infusion services and general medical supplies.
- 1999 - Marchese is awarded home infusion services contracts for the Brant and Niagara Community Care Access Centres.
- 1992 - Home intravenous therapy service begins.
- 1991 - Medication management service is introduced.
* * * *
Our motto, "your health... our care" reflects our dedication to continuous quality improvement in the care of our clients. The efforts have been recognized locally, provincially and nationally:
- 2013 – Marita Zaffiro is presented with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal in recognition of her contributions to her community.
- 2013 – Marita Zaffiro is nominated for the YWCA Women of Distinction “Trail Blazer” award paying tribute to women who are advocates, mentors and visionaries or trailblazers in their field.
- 2012 – Marchese Health Care received a City of Hamilton Business Appreciation Award established to recognize those businesses that have made a long term commitment to the city.
- 2012 – Marchese Health Care is honoured with the Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre’s first “Hope in the Core” award to recognize the dedication and commitment of a business, agency and individual who made a difference by reaching out to help others.
- 2012 – Marita Zaffiro is awarded the Rotary Club of Hamilton AM’s Paul Harris Fellowship award for exemplifying Rotary’s motto “Service above self”.
- 2009 - Marchese Health Care is honoured with the Commitment to Care & Service Award for Charitable Work, a national award sponsored by Pharmacy Practice and Drugstore Canada magazines, divisions of Rogers Publishing Healthcare Group.
- 2009 - Marita Zaffiro is awarded the Ontario Medical Association's Community Service Award for her "significant contribution to the health and welfare of the people of a local community."
- 2007 - Marita Zaffiro is named one of the Canadian Pharmacists Association’s Centennial Pharmacists, one of the 100 most influential Canadian pharmacists of the last 100 years.
- 2006 - Marchese Health Care receives the Settlement & Integration Services Organization Employer Recognition Award for our recognition of the value of employees who have been educated and trained outside of Canada.
- 2005 - Ontario Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Business Achievement Award nominee
- 2005 - Winner of the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Business Achievement Award
- 2005 - Marchese Health Care is named a regional finalist in the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada program.
- 2005 - Marita Zaffiro wins the Athena Award for her professional merits, community activities and assisting women in attaining professional excellence
- 2005 - Winner of two Pharmacy Post 2004 Drugstore Outstanding Service Awards: Outstanding Owner, Outstanding Service Innovation
- 2002 - Commitment to Care Award for Best Pharmacist/Technician Team from Pharmacy Practice magazine
- 1999 - Distinguished Practice Award, Ontario Pharmacists Association
- 1998 - Award for Commitment to Health Care Delivery in the Community, Hamilton-Wentworth Council
- 1998 - Marita Zaffiro named the City of Hamilton’s Distinguished Citizen of the Year Award
- 1998 - Innovative Practice Award, presented by the Canadian Pharmacists Association